Friday, March 30, 2012

Ok, guys I admit it. It's March 30th and I have made 0% progress on my March Madness goals. If you read my post earlier, I was so excited to discover March Madness and was hyped up about participating. I even got so far as posting what I'd like to accomplish over the month of March. I was set to go, but little did I realize when I signed up the madness March was about to unleash on me.
My 3 year old had just had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy a few days prior and I thought that recovery would be rough, but over in a week like they said. Little did I know, they weren't brutally honest and that, it would actually be TERRIFYING and take the entire 3 weeks before she felt like herself again. So I didn't get any writing done during this time. I also got tied up in my activities of yearbook coordinaton and helping coordinate the Promotion Ceremony for my children's homeschool co-op. It takes a lot of time to do stuff like that. I had no idea. I enjoy it, but I didn't factor in the actual time involved and it has to be done, it's not something I can put off. And now, I find myself packed and ready to embark on a camping trip with my children's Girl Scout's troop. I hate camping, but I love my girls. And it's taken me time out to get ready for it and zapped up my little bit of time reaminig in March, but in this season of my life, my children come first and I need to do for them what they need done, even if it costs me time to write.
This post isn't all about excuses about me telling why I did't meet my goals for March. It's a realization, that I can only do so much. Sometimes we underestimate our time and resources and overestimate what we can do. It's good to keep a dose of reality in front of our faces. And humbling. And that is why when I do find time to sit down and write. I may not get a chance to write as much as I want or accomplish all the goals I set for myself, but at least I will carry all my experiences with me into my words as I write them down. It will make my work better. So I'm gonna not beat myself up for losing March Madness, but rejoice over what I have accomplished and try to accomplish them next month.  The turtle won the race by one steady step at a time. I too can get to my goals, it may just take me a little bit longer. :-)

Have a great Weekend!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment